The History of TAGHeuer
- February 28, 2022
- Ally Cohen
For over 150 years, Swiss watch manufacturer TAGHeuer have produced watches of distinction. See how far TAGHeuer has come on its 150 year history in this stunning infographic.
The HISTORY TAGHeuer
- 1860/ Edouard Heuer sets up a watchmaking workshop in St. Imier, aged 20.
- START TAG Heuer invents the 1887/ 'oscillating pinion' for mechanical watches.
- 1895/ TAG Heuer patents one of 1914/ the first water-resistant The first wrist worn chronographs are released, with silver case enamelled cases for pocket watches. dial and luminous hands.
- 09 1924/ TAG Heuer selected as official stopwatches used for 3 Olympic Games: Antwerp 1920, Paris 1924 and Amsterdam, 1928.
- 1945-47/ General Eisenhower purchases a TAG Heuer chronograph, alongside Prince William of Sweden & Harry S. Truman, each wearing gold TAG Heuer chronographs.
- VBIADE 1950/ Launch of the Seafarer, the world's first chronograph with tide level indicator and dial, designed for regattas.
- 1962/ TAG Heuer becomes the first Swiss watchmaker to go into space on the wrist of John Glenn on the first manned American space flight.
- 1963/ TAG Heuer launches the very first "Carrera" chronograph, becoming the watch of champions and a best seller worldwide.
- ES Steve McQueen wears the 19707 "Monaco" for filming of "Le Mans", becoming the brand ambassador.
- 1986/ The release of the much awaited Formula 1 series, a combination of steel and fibre glass.
- 1992/ TAG Heuer becomes the official timekeeper for Formula 1.
- OFFICIAL TIMEKEEPER Formula 1 TAG Heuer launches the 19997 first line exclusively for 2002/ women, the "Alter Ego" The launch of the "WHAT series.
- ARE YOU MADE OF?" campaign, featuring celebs such as Ayrton Senna and Lewis Hamilton. 2004/ TAG Heuer releases the new "2000 Aquaracer", a high-tech designed professional sports watch.
- The unveiling of the new 360° exhibition centre, a historical and avant-garde 2008/ gallery, dedicated to the glory of TAG's exceptional heritage.
- 0E 2010/ TAG innovate new "Pendulum Concept" - the first ever magnetic oscillator without hairspring but capable of providing restoring torque, comparable to that of a hairspring.
- 2012/ Leonardo Di Caprio and Cameron Diaz are taken on as new brand ambassadors for men and women's respectively.
- 2013/ TAG Heuer celebrates 50 year anniversary of the famous "Carrera" chronograph watch.
There are few women’s jewelry pieces more timeless than pearls, and with our extensive collection of pearl jewelry, you'll be sure to find the perfect piece to compliment any occasionThere are few women’s jewelry pieces more timeless than pearls, and with our extensive collection of pearl jewelry, you'll be sure to find There are few women’s jewelry pieces more timeless than pearls, and with our extensive collection of pearl jewelry, you'll be sure to find the perfect piece to compliment any occasion with Ross Simons.